Wednesday, March 16, 2016

A Scientist’s Doubt Defines the Beginning

The difference between a skeptic and a scientist is that while they both doubt, a skeptic's doubt defines her end and is her ceiling while a scientist’s doubt defines her beginning and is a trampoline to greater understanding.

I was a skeptic in my youth and it limited me. I have been a scientist for many years and it has broadened my vision. I sometimes wonder where my intellect could have taken me had I made that transition in my youth.

Hold onto your virtues, but do so as a scientist, not a skeptic. Our country has too many skeptics at this time and it will limit us. Be a virtuous scientist and let it define the beginning of your journey and not the end of your vision.

Loren M. Lambert February 4, 2016 ©.

No comments: