Monday, September 13, 2004

Live by the Assault Weapon, Die by the Assault Weapon

Who is more likely to storm my business or my child’s elementary school to pop off lethal shots of lead---my wacky neighbor, the local drug dealer or some segment of the government my wacky neighbor claims he must arm himself against? Answer: my wacky neighbor. And what makes it more likely that my wacky neighbor and other potentially off balance souls, including the local drug dealer, will actually get their twitching fingers on assault weapons? Answer: the Bush administration. While you may permit Uncle Bob or Senator Kerry his hunting gun, we don’t need a Nation awash in assault weapons. Please strengthen the assault weapons ban by voting appropriately.

Loren M. Lambert, © September 13, 2004

No comments: