Friday, October 9, 2015

Towering Giants

The other day I was starting to dress for my workout at VASA gym and in walked a gym rat, loaded up with muscle upon muscle. I got the feeling that Jupiter had just rolled in past the moon.

There are those of us who stay in shape and can sing a bit, have some athleticism and some ability to swim with some efficiency, play a sport with palatable ability and throw a few weights around, etc. And then there are these towering giants who just amaze me. This guy didn’t even seem human. I felt like I was looking at some new species.

I’m at a point in life where I no longer anguish over the fact that I’m not a strapping, musclebound Dynamo, but I still have to admire the possibilities.

It makes me wonder what it feels like to be in those bodies? So, all you towering giants out there, how does it feel? Since I’ll never be there, I have to hear it from others.

Loren M. Lambert, October 4, 2015 ©.

No comments: