Saturday, July 6, 2019

I am An Addict

I finally realized, I breathe too much. I am addicted. I breathe more than my fair share, I breath too often, I breathe too deeply, and it's time to restore balance.

I resolve to breathe less. I apologize for all of the pain I have caused, due to my breathing addiction. I now look back on all those parties, meetings, and evenings out when I embarrassed my loved ones, offended my friends, and made an ass of myself with all that breathing, sometimes even with my mouth open for several minutes at a time.

I had to plunge to the bottom before I could accept it. I just can't live like this anymore. I checked myself into a rat-infested, garbage-laden, musty, dank, hell hole, next to the Steri-Cycle incinerator, where you can't breath deeply, or rapidly, without retching. I have to keep a mask over my mouth and nose. It's liberating. I already can see the way back.

Hopefully soon, I will rejoin the world of calm, placid, shallow breathers and thereby relinquish, to a new generation, several of the large Redwoods that supply me with air each year.

Please forgive me, and know that I love you all.

Loren M. Lambert © January 20, 2014

No comments: