Friday, February 21, 2014

Seven Things I Realize I Have Bored You About

Maria Matheson indicates that ordinary people in ordinary circumstances should, "“Never talk about how you slept, nobody cares. Umm, Never talk about your period, nobody cares. Umm, Don’t talk about your health, either, nobody cares. Nobody ever cares about other peoples' health. I’m mean if it's something serious and it’s friend obviously you want to hear about it... [never talk about your dreams, your route in arriving, and your diet -- nobody cares, and don't talk about money because it's vulgar.]"

I give you all my sincerest apologizes because I realize I have committed probably all of these conversational sins but I love you all for having pretended to have been interested.

Now, let's plan that party and all come up with some good stories on these subjects.

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/511/the-seven-things-youre-not-supposed-to-talk-about

Loren M. Lambert © December 29, 2013

No comments: