Thursday, June 27, 2019

Thanks, Pops!

At around 11400 South, on I-15 going south, I repeated my Dad's car-training ritual: 1000, 2000, 3000-count separation between me and the next vehicle. At 12300 South, I was thinking about my day, thinking about sex and romance, thinking about how cold it is, thinking about all the work I need to do, thinking about how many pins can dance on the head of a swallowtail caterpillar, thinking about sex, thinking about – STOP!!! Gonna hit, gonna hit! Jam harder! Brace! (Skiddddddd!)  Hello, beautiful two-foot gap between my bumper and the no-tail-lights car stopped in front of me!

Thanks, Pops, you saved my life, again!

At around 15600 South, I was thinking about depositions I have next week, thinking about how we'll get by without Nelson Mandela, thinking about dressing up as a naked mole rat, thinking about whether or not life is a reality TV show, thinking about cold fusion, thinking about sex, 1000, 2000, 3000 count. Still safe!

Thanks, Pops!

Loren M. Lambert © December 7, 2013

No comments: