Monday, September 3, 2018

Hotel Australia

On a dark ocean highway, sea breeze on our car,
Warm smell of eucalyptus, rushing up through the air,
Up ahead in the roadway, I saw a startling sight,
My foot was quick as the tree grew near,
We had to stop for a bit.

There it stood in the roadway;
Crashed down on a guardrail,
And I was thinking to myself,
We are in heaven, barely missed vacation Hell.
Then we just jumped out and we showed all the way.
Here were voices from all nations,
I thought I heard them say:

Welcome to the Hotel Australia!
Such a lovely place (such a lovely place)
A many lovely face.
Plenty of room at the Hotel Australia
Any time of year (any time of year) you could get killed here.

It took an American family; a spry, enthusiastic, Chinese woman; a couple of tall, 
sharp-looking Aussies; and a sultry, dark, Eastern European woman to move it out of the way. 

Welcome to the hotel Australia. If only all world problems were so easily fixed.

Loren M. Lambert © November 29, 2017

No comments: