Monday, September 3, 2018

President Trump Is Testament That All (I Mean, All!) Can Aspire To Be President

This was overheard at parent/teacher conference (names are omitted):

Teacher: “I know your son wanted a reference letter from me to apply to be an intern with Senator Lee in D.C. this summer.”

Parent: “That’s right, he has great political aspirations.”

Teacher: “I have to be frank. He hasn’t been completing his assignment, his test scores are in the D+ to C- range, he has poor communication skills with a limited vocabulary, and he is disruptive in class.”

Parent: “I know. Isn’t that great! You’ll be recommending him then, right?”

Teacher: “Are you serious?”

Parent: “Yes. He’s perfect for politics.”

Teacher: “He’s this close to failing and acts like he’s three!”

Parent: “So. President Trump’s closest friends, advisers, associates, and allies say he’s semi-illiterate, a moron, a dope, an idiot, a troll, a child, lazy, incompetent, and a sexual predator. My son gets an "A" in all those areas. What’s the problem?”

Teacher: “Oh, boy. You’re right. Apparently none, but like a few other brave souls, I will not engage in treason.”

Parent: “What?”

Teacher: “It’s a metaphor–no recommendation.”

Loren M. Lambert © January 5, 2018

No comments: