Friday, September 28, 2018

The Challenge of Casting Getting Ahead

As some of you may know, I am in the process of filming Getting Ahead. It is an exciting process! I love the energy and elan that those who venture into the creative realm bring to bear. It is a force with which to be reckoned!

The hardest challenge was casting. For all who have done this, you will understand that among the many who need more training are the many who are so great that you wish you had the time, budget, and script to reward them with a role.

Doing the auditions made me anxious, because the enthusiasm and desire of those auditioning to achieve casting was almost as great as the despair and desperation as those of the world needing food and water. We have a great responsibility to show appreciation of all who come to petition for a place at our table. I am so grateful for those who came. I guess the best way to thank them is to make sure that I position myself and produce a product that will allow us to continue to film additional projects.

Loren M. Lambert © May 4, 2008

No comments: