Monday, November 26, 2018

I Send You New Year’s Advice and Admonition: Skip the Commercials!

I didn't know it existed an hour ago. Now, it is over-shadowing my New Year’s celebrations.

What?

There’s a gold-plated $50 Buffalo Tribute Nickel for only $10?! That's right!  Fifty dollars for only $10! The ad informed me to call and buy, so that I would not suffer regret and disappointment. I felt so bad the split second I heard the ad, because I knew I wasn't going to call. Therefore, I knew that I was going to have an empty spot in my heart and soul for all time.

Most likely, years from now (when I don't have a thought in my brain), I will remember and then miss that shiny $50 gold Buffalo Tribute Nickel I could have owned for just $10.

If you find me, someday, drooling in my rocking chair and wearing a blank sad stare, just pat me on the back, dab my drool with my hankie, and softly and kindly remind me I should have called for that fifty-dollar Buffalo Nickel.

Word of advice: Free yourselves of guilt: Skip the commercials.

Loren M. Lambert © December 31, 2012

No comments: