Monday, November 26, 2018

Woman Lack Esteem, While Men Boast Too Much

It’s time for an over-generalization. Tell me if you think there is any truth to this:

Women are inherently guilt-ridden and lacking in self-esteem when they have no reason to be, and men are inherently remorseless and cocky when reality reveals they should not be. It is not the Yin and the Yang of harmony and balance, but the Zing and the Bang of dissonance and disequilibrium that is, at times, the nature of things.

This last Sunday, I just saw a gentleman rise to sing. Before starting, he made several comments causing me to anticipate that I was about to hear one of the great moments in music history. I really was expecting it. He walked the walk, talked the talk, but did not sing the song! It was pretty awful. Any way, it was an interesting view into the realities of self-perception and self-awareness.

Loren M. Lambert © November 26, 2012

No comments: