Monday, November 26, 2018

Middle Class Hotels

I may be imputing my own thoughts on Mitt, but I swear he always wears the "you’re-so-full-of-scat" grin (which is the same grin I mimic when listening to him). He really gets revved up if he's laying into a woman moderator. Do you strike your "you’re-so-full-of-scat" grin when I accuse Mitt of displaying his "you’re-so-full-of-scat" grin? (If so, I’ll be able to tell if I'm full of scat for being so accusatory.)

Anyway, I didn't get to see all of the debate (just the spin, because I was in transit).  However,  I heard the president make a go at it this time. I'm going to listen to it now.

I’m currently at a Travel Lodge in downtown Orlando.  It’s not necessarily a bad place, but it could use a little more care and attention. Why do hotels seem to be of the caliber that cater to people like Mitt, or else they are of the condition that beg for a little more use before they implode?

We need some good middle-class hotels. Mitt, that could be your calling!

This week they announced world literacy rates. It's interesting to note that when education is left to the market and not publicly funded, literacy rates plummet. Countries without public education are the most backward. With all its faults, we forget what a blessing public education is and how it empowers us as a nation. It creates the meritocracy we enjoy, it does not defeat it.

I love America. It was so superb traveling. Great people, great infrastructure, great transportation system.

Loren M. Lambert © October 16, 2012

No comments: