Friday, December 21, 2018

A Biblical Day

Today, I am going to walk on my hands on water, and while in the middle of the storm-tossed sea, I will do a one-tongue push-up. Next, I'm going to turn water into a Noni, Acai, Pomegranate, and heavily caffeinated juice blend. Then, to end my miraculous day, I am going raise long moribund and buried zombieastic goals and ideas, infused and encrusted with memories, from the very grasp and grip of death's wintry grave.

Now, some may think I boast of my own strength, or that I glory in one-upmanship.

But lo, this is not so. It is through Him and by Him through which the power is given – not as a self-indulgent bauble or monastic totem, but as a gift to intone His majesty.

It is of little consequence that the hounds of hell nip at my hobnobbers or that the ravens of Fangorsmiasmas peck at my eyes. It is only with those very same bloodied and bruised heels with which I set my feet upon the mountain shoulders. And it is with those same gouged and weeping eyes, fixed upon the lofty peaks of Olympus, that I commit to do these things in His name and for His ultimate fame. Amen.

Loren M. Lambert © February 22, 2013

No comments: