Saturday, December 22, 2018

The Inside Spirit How We Perceive Ourselves is Rarely as Others See Us

Kevin Kling says that "how we perceive ourselves is rarely as others see us, and we are all the heroes of our own stories."

Therein lies a big problem. Only rare individuals have complete self-awareness and the ability to see things about themselves exactly as they are perceived by others.

The times I have grown the most is when someone I trusted helped me see, not what I thought the world saw, not what I wanted and hoped the world saw, but what was truly my presentation to the world, my manifestation – how I was seen.  Even though we rebel against it, even though we may think it is the last thing we want to hear, there is great power in that, because it is only then we can make the greatest progress.

Do not demand from others unconditional love of your imperfections. That is what many require and what they think they want. However, the last thing we need is to reinforce the lies we perceive about ourselves. It’s better that someone tell us what we need to hear, and if we are really lucky, he/she will love us just the same.

I want to thank all the people in my life who have told me what I need to know – not what I have wanted to hear – and to those who have loved me still, despite that. I hope to honor you by showing I am humble enough to learn from you.

          "Here comes the spirit of the wolf."
          "Here comes the spirit of the wolf."
          "Here is the spirit of the wolf." ~ Kevin Kling

Loren M. Lambert © May 8, 2013

No comments: