Saturday, December 22, 2018

Momentous Day In Chernetvi

I finished teaching my favorite class and I am now safe back from Chernetvi, where I was welcomed home by another snowstorm in Lviv. I’m thankful my intestinal fortitude held up on the seven-hour train ride.

It was a momentous day: adventuring in the backstreets, working out at the Titon Gym, eating at an authentic Ukrainian restaurant, and bowling – yes, bowling! – with several Leavitt Institute in Country professionals. I made sure the bowling alley gutters were dust-free a couple of times, and I even had to switch arms when my over-worked right arm cramped up. (Now I know I can't lift weights and then muck it up on the bowling alley on the same day!)

Here is something to remember (although I'll never experience it): "Wine has wisdom, beer has power, and water has bacteria." This is a statement on a restaurant wall. I suspect it might be an overstatement.

Loren M. Lambert © March 21, 2013

No comments: