Friday, December 21, 2018

This Vet Needs a Miracle

I need a miracle tomorrow. I overran my allotment of miracles for last year and do not have any coming.

Could anyone spare a fellow American, who is down on his knees, a small miracle? I'm here at the Salt Lake City 7200 S. I-15 off-ramp, holding my sign. All you have to do is roll down that window and slap a “miracle” in my palm and you will never see a more joyful, needy vet of the I Corp JAG Defense Command of the Gulf War.

Please.

Maybe you can even spare a hug, and when appropriate, one of those cheek kisses – that is, upper cheek kisses, nothing fancy – just to the side so I can hear the sound of it to remind me of those long-lost days when people loved their soldiers and America still had a top AAA rating on its borrowing rate.

Loren M. Lambert © January 18, 2013

No comments: