Tuesday, March 4, 2014

I Send You New Years Advice and Admonition--Skip the Commercials

Didn't know it existed an hour ago and now it is over-shadowing my New Years celebrations.

What? The gold plated $50 Buffalo Tribute Nickel for only $10--that's right $50 for only $10. The ad informed me to call and buy so that I would not suffer regret and disappointment. I felt so bad the split second I heard the ad because I knew I wasn't going to call and therefore I knew that I was going to have an empty spot in my heart and soul for time immemorial.

Most likely, years from now, when I don't have a thought in my brain, I will remember and then miss that shiny $50 gold Buffalo Tribute Nickel I could have owned for just $10.

So, if you find me someday drooling in my rocking chair with a blank and sad stare, pat me on the back, dab my drool with my hankie, and softly and kindly remind me I should have called for that fifty dollar Buffalo Nickel.

So remember, free yourselves of guilt, and skip the commercials.

Loren M. Lambert © December 31, 2012

No comments: