Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Blessing and The Curse of Facebook

Just so you know, the men still wear speedos at the pool here(European custom that goes way back), you must wear pool sandals and a pool swimming cap. I almost started a riot cause I didn't have one. Now I do.

When eating, salads are a good bet, bacon is not bacon, dumplings and borscht are great, the portions are perfect, many of the restaurants are fabulous, the dollar is strong and don't eat at restaurants that have medieval torture devices as a theme unless you aren't like me--I had nightmares all night afterwards.

Most people don't have pets, but there are a ton of very cute, healthy looking stray dogs in Chernitsvi--go figure--so if you can't adopt a child here you probably could a dog.

Just as in camping you don't pitch your tent close to the restroom, don't book a sleeping compartment on the train next to the latrine, yet thanks to olfactory saturation I managed okay. Something quite romantic about the sway and clicketty clack of train travel. I get to do it again in a few days. (Oh and it cost 2 grivnas to use the train station restroom).

To finish, hate to make you all jealous but we got 15 inches of snow yesterday that blew in sideways. Eat your hearts out.

All in all, it’s a beautiful snowy yet engaging place.

Oh and don't lightly whistle in the library--almost got a fine slapped on me by a dosin.

Sending my love from Lviv Ukraine.

Loren M. Lambert © March 16, 2013

No comments: