Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Shallow Breathing

Sometimes its only when you have reached a stage in your life when you can't get by on using half of your lung capacity that you realize that's what you've been doing.

To be specific, it dawned on me that when I swim--especially with back and breast stoke--I take these shallow breaths. So I'm fixing it and it's like a little miracle. I'm now shooting for the senior Olympics. I now more fully realize why in yoga, karate and other similar disciplines they talk so much about breathing.

Makes me wonder in how many other areas of my life I've been using half my capacity. Time for introspection. You might do the same. You too may be only using half of your lung capacity when you swim--literally or metaphorically speaking.

Loren M. Lambert © February 28, 2013

No comments: