Thursday, August 23, 2018

A New Hobby is Born! (Scuba Diving)

           I started scuba diving with the Marina Diving Center, in a bay on the west side off of Gallinara Island, just southwest of Loano, Italy. It was really amazing!  The dive seemed to go really fast. I was in the water for 54 minutes and swam to about 18-20 meters (60 feet).

           We boated to the Island of Gallinara, where I saw an old, Spanish castle on top of the island, which is now deserted and designated as a national protected area. I saw schools of Jacks, Barracuda, Metallic Blue Fish, several Moray eels, Groupers, a single starfish, and lots of other fish.

           A statue of Jesus stood tall under the water.  I swam right over the top of its out-stretched arms, but alas, they remained still as stone and he did not embrace, which would have been uncomfortable, but I did feel blessed. It was an amazing feeling! I wanted to scream at the end, but I didn't, because that might have seemed weird to everyone.

Loren M. Lambert © September 27, 2017

No comments: