Thursday, August 23, 2018

When Others Are Willing to Do What Someone Cannot Do Legally – Is That Okay?

Here’s an inquiry that I received:

Okay – please, please, please, I need advice on this right away!!!

I’ve been in competition with another business, and I was contacted by a hacking service. They have been able to hack my competitor’s computer and obtain their client list, their product formulas, and processes. If I had that information, it could greatly help my business.

They require payment of “sorts.” I know it would have been illegal for me to have hacked into their computers, but can’t I just meet with them and see what they want and get the information and just pay them a little bit for their trouble? It’s not like I did it.

Thanks in advance for your advice!!!

What do you think I told them? What would you tell them?

Loren M. Lambert © October 30, 2017

No comments: