Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Trump Diminary Secretary of State Rex Tillerson (True to the Trump Doctrine) Extinguishes Hope for the Ukraine

          Rex Tillerson, one of the many President Trump diminaries, wondered out loud, “Why should U.S. taxpayers be interested in Ukraine?”

          Let me tell you why this taxpayer is interested:

          1. I have friends there.

          2. I have friends there who long for freedom.

          3. I am my brother's keeper.

          4. As the late and great Martin Luther King Jr. said, “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly.”

          5. Our goal should be to widen the bounds of democracy, even to Russia, not cede territory to tyrants as you and the President Trump cabinet are prepared to do.

          6. At the very least, you have uttered the most disheartening, stupid, callous, ignorant thing a U.S. diplomat could ever say before a critical meeting with your Russian counterpart.

          I apologize to my Ukrainian friends. A lot of American citizens do care about you. I do.

Loren M. Lambert © April 11, 2017

No comments: