Thursday, August 23, 2018

Shopping & Christmas

I went Christmas shopping the other day. Everything was so beautiful, it smelled enrapturing, it shined like success, and it felt like status, movement, and immortality.  However,  I don’t know why people want most of that stuff.

I felt satiated, repulsed, and weighted down just by looking at it. It's not that I don't want people to make, sell, and buy stuff. It's all important. The conveyor belts of commerce must move us all into the future. However, I, personally, don't need anymore things, anymore clothes, anymore baubles. For the first time in my life, other things seem more important, and more enriching.

What I want, more than anything, is just time. Give me time. Give me the breath of full lungs, the red of iron in my veins, and the subtleties of exquisite sensation.

Loren M. Lambert © December 24, 2017

No comments: