Thursday, August 23, 2018

Undaunted, Crazy or Suicidal?

         I rented one of those ride share bikes and passed the White House as it was just growing dark. Suddenly, a dark object came hurtling out of the bushes.  It headed straight for me, darted under my front tire, and I ran over it.  It felt like I had run over a croquet ball with a crunch. Who would throw a croquet ball at me?

          I looked behind me and saw a dark object streaking away from me in an ark, until coming to rest.  I went back and discovered a dead rat. It made me wonder: Was this a rat that knew of my discontent with Trump and, with great courage, attacked me? Had it gone mad in the Trump White House and was now committing suicide?  After crunching its poor little skull, how did it run for another 30 feet until collapsing?

          Like many President Trump supporters, it had gone crazy in the Trump White House and, undaunted, it would take me on and commit suicide–like a kamikaze Trump supporter.  Many such supporters don’t realize that they are finished, but like this dead rat, they'll scurry brainlessly until falling over.

Loren M. Lambert, © June 12, 2017

No comments: