Thursday, August 23, 2018

Herb Cowan on the Trump Train Wreck

          “Twenty, thirty years from now, we’ll all agree on the train wreck that was the Trump presidency. The only thing we’ll argue – or at least younger people than me will argue about – is who made the biggest mistake: the Dems in choosing Hillary as their candidate, or the country in electing Trump as the president?” asserted Herb Cowan, large vegetable farmer, and my mentor.

          “So, who should win that one?” I asked.

          “Before Vietnam, instead of getting drafted, my best friend and I were trying to decide which service to join. I chose the army, he went navy. He died, I lived,” he answered.

          “What does that mean?” I asked.

          “What do you want it to mean?” he said as he went to milk the cows.

Loren M. Lambert © July 21, 2017

No comments: