Thursday, August 23, 2018

No One Who Is Impulsive and Irrational Should Have a Nuke

          I asked Herb Cowan, large vegetable farmer and my mentor, what he thought about North Korea and Kim Jong-un having a nuke and an ICBM. He said: "That is as easy to answer as whether or not I would allow a blind raccoon with palsy to give me a shave with a straight razor because no human who ever acts impulsively and irrationally should have power over a nuke."

          “Fair enough,” I replied, then asked, “In that case, what should we do about Kim Jong-un?”

          He responded, "Who's talking about Mr. Un? I mean President Trump, and all the rest of us." 

          “So what should we do?” I asked.

          He answered, "I'm not sure there's a good answer. I mean, what can you do when you’re naked and have the option of sitting on a cactus or a porcupine?"

Loren M. Lambert, © July 6, 2017

No comments: