Thursday, August 23, 2018

World News Politics

          I don't consider myself a liberal (and I don't know who is part of that tribal group, or in what country they dwell), but since many label me as a "liberal," let me state, categorically, that I'm not fuming. I just hope that the true spirit of Bible study actually moves them to be better people.

          The Pharisees had daily prayer and bible study and they crucified Christ. The Inquisition had daily prayer and bible study and they tortured innocent people to death. The leaders in Salem had daily prayer and bible study and they burned innocent women, as witches.

          As an attorney, I have represented victims who have been savagely victimized by people who had daily prayer and bible study.  I have even represented a few defendants who had daily prayer and bible study who perpetrated vile physical, sexual, and financial crimes. Having daily prayer and bible study is meaningless unless it changes your heart for the better and governs your actions. If such superficial displays of piety assuage your conscious about all the corruption and perfidy of the Trumps, and those he admires and holds out as role models, good luck with that.

(POSTED: “Trump’s Cabinet Is First in 100 Years to Hold Weekly Bible Study, Liberals Are Fuming.” President Trump and his cabinet are shocking the world. They don’t hesitate to get rid of anyone that doesn’t serve the American people, but that’s not all . . .)

Loren M. Lambert © August 1, 2017

No comments: